CREDO® Consulting Engineers LLC is always seeking highly qualified people to join our team.
We need your experience.
Mechanical / Plumbing Designer
|Experience level||4+ years|
The successful candidate should have the ability to provide mechanical (HVAC) and Plumbing design services on a variety of residential and commercial projects for new buildings, and for renovations and additions to existing facilities. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Mechanical/Plumbing
Designer will actively participate in many phases of a project, including but not limited to: load & energy calculations, plumbing layout and isometrics; CAD production, design documents, basic specifications, and the construction administration process.
• Preparing conceptual designs based on client’s requirements.
• Developing final construction documents from established concept designs or design development drawings.
• Prioritizing and scheduling assignments with Project Manager to complete projects on time.
• Interfacing with other disciplines within the MEP team for coordination of project designs.
• Performing Heat Load calculations; Energy calculations, Outside Air Calculations, drawings, and specifications related to heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems,
• equipment selection & sizing, pipe and duct sizing, friction loss calculations, etc.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (plus)
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Solid knowledge of building & mechanical codes and energy compliance calculations in HVAC construction.
• Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
• Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD and engineering modeling tools such as TRANE Software, E20 Engineering Software, HAP, and Florida EnergyGauge Software.
• Experience with REVIT is a plus.
• Must be self motivated, Excellent interpersonal skills, Strong verbal and written
• We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a family friendly environment.
Ideal candidates 4+ years of experience in drafting and designing HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems in an A/E environment.